- You’re a hobbit and you don’t like adventure.
- You think originality is dangerous! You should NEVER bring a unique setting to fantasy or science fiction! And God help you if you MIX the two!
- You believe that stories about people and their very human motivations are boring, even if you punctuate them with lots of action and dramatic tension.
- You like selfish protagonists who become helpless victims of their own flaws, not flawed protagonists who fight constant ethical struggles to be better people.
- You don’t like badass women and you never want a book to pass the Bechdel test.
- You think it’s a bad idea for authors to reweave old tropes in new and exciting ways that you’ve never seen before.
- You don’t like cowboys. Or knights in shining armour, either. And definitely you don’t think anyone should ever put the two together.
- You think realism in magic is stupid…
View original post 102 more words