- Gobermouch: an old Irish term for someone who meddles in other people’s business. That classic Friends scene would be quite something with goubermouch instead of meddler, wouldn’t it?
- Gnashnab: Someone who complains all the time; a nitpicker.
- Stamcrab: Someone who’s clumsy and heavy of foot. Also, a great band name.
- Whiffle-whaffle: Someone who wastes a lot of your time.
- Zooterkins: A 17th-century variant of ‘zounds.’ An expression of surprise or indignation. Not so much an insult as much as what you’d yell back after someone insults you:
17th-century Person A: “You’re such a stamcrab!”
17th-century Person B (gasping incredulously): “Zooterkins, Sir! Zooterskins!”
- Sounderkite: The Victorians even made insults sound fun. In this case, calling you an idiot.
- Bedswerver: No, not someone who swerves and cuts you…
View original post 79 more words